News

  • Boskalis buys majority stake in UAE-based provider of marine surveys

    Royal Boskalis Westminster has acquired a 62.5% majority stake in the Horizon Group from the United Arab Emirates.   Announcing the deal on the 21st February, Boskalis said that Horizon’s main activities include marine geophysical surveys and geotechnical services.   The remaining 37.5% of the…

    Read more
  • Rockhopper provides update on its Greater Mediterranean portfolio

    AIM-listed Rockhopper Exploration, the oil and gas company with key interests in the North Falkland Basin and the Greater Mediterranean region, has provided an update in relation to its Greater Mediterranean portfolio.   Abu Sennan, Egypt (22% working interest) Current production from the Abu Sennan concession is…

    Read more
  • Insurance Jottings

    Charles Taylor opens Belgium office, targets growth in Europe International loss adjuster Charles Taylor Adjusting (CTA) has opened a new office in Belgium to expand its property/casualty offering in Europe.   The company said it enjoyed solid growth in the P&C arena and particularly in…

    Read more
  • Netherlands becomes a net gas importer

    The Netherlands became a net importer of natural gas last year for the first time since the commissioning in 1963 of giant Groningen gas field, production of which is being phased out by the government.   GasTerra, which markets Groningen gas for NAM, the ExxonMobil-Shell…

    Read more
  • Schlumberger and Rockwell Create Digital Oilfield Solution

    Oilfield services giant Schlumberger and Milwaukee-based Rockwell Automation are teaming up to create a fully integrated digital oilfield automation solutions provider for the oil and gas industry.   The two companies entered into a joint venture to create Sensia. The Sensia JV will provide measurement…

    Read more
  • Guyana and Brazil to lead demand for high capacity FPSOs

    As activity picks up in the offshore oil and gas market, consultant Rystad Energy expects 33 FPSOs to be sanctioned from 2019 to 2021.   According to the consultant, 13 FPSOs will require a production capacity of less than 60,000 b/d, ten will require a…

    Read more