Lloyd’s Register to support BP in Trinidad & Tobago ops

Lloyd’s Register (LR), the engineering, technical and business services organisation, has been selected by BP’s Trinidad and Tobago subsidiary to support corrosion monitoring and management activities.


Lloyd’s Register said on the4th December that it would also provide BPTT with improved efficiencies and support for its integrity management operation.


LR added it was working with BP Trinidad and Tobago to deliver increased efficiencies and improve asset integrity across both onshore and offshore facilities including BPTT’s network of pipelines.


BPTT has fourteen offshore production platforms in the region. It is one of the country’s largest hydrocarbon producers and accounts for about 60 percent of the nation’s hydrocarbon production.


About 65 percent of its natural gas is exported as LNG – the major portion of which goes to the United States. The other 35 percent is sold for use as fuel for local industry.


LR also said that the scope of the corrosion monitoring and management services contract included cathodic protection, corrosion monitoring equipment, and data analysis as well as flow assurance, failure analysis, and fitness-for-service.


Steve Masson, operations manager for LR in Trinidad and Tobago, said: “As the supplier of corrosion-related services we are creating real and essential value for BPTT through our wide range of corrosion management support and proving full access to our global technical specialists.”


This is not the first cooperation between LR and BPTT, since the organisation has been supporting BPTT’s integrity management and subsea operations for more than eight years.


When it comes to BP’s operations, the company started gas production from its Juniper project in Trinidad in August. This was the company’s second Trinidad project to start-up in 2017.