Tullow, Eco complete 3D seismic survey offshore Guyana

Schlumberger Guyana Inc (Western Geco) has completed a 2,550-square kilometre (984-square mile) 3D seismic survey over the Orinduik block offshore Guyana for Tullow Oil and Eco (Atlantic) Oil & Gas Ltd.


The Orinduik block is updip and a few kilometres from ExxonMobil’s recent deepwater Liza and Payara oil discoveries, estimated to hold 2-2.5 Bbbl recoverable.


Tullow and Eco Atlantic have completed the first phase of exploration on their block, including evaluating all existing and regional 2D data.


Both have agreed to accelerate and expand the survey from the originally proposed 1,000 square kilometres (386 square miles) in order to cover the entire block area, fully overlapping prospective 2D leads and downdip trends.


Eco Atlantic (Guyana) Inc, a subsidiary of Eco Atlantic, holds a 40% working interest in Orinduik, and Tullow, the operator, holds the remaining 60%.